Living in Colombo | from Switzerland
"On coming to Colombo, I was dreading the culture shock. However, expats and local contacts gave me some great advice. "
Living in Colombo | from Belgium
"It was fun to find other cricket fans among the expats around here and watch some matches at a Colombo club together. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Americans in Colombo
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Colombo expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Colombo
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Americans in Colombo
Welcome to all Americans in Colombo! Are you interested in getting to know fellow American expats in Colombo? Are you looking for advice from other Americans, e.g. in which bars in Colombo will Chicago Cubs' upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for peanut butter and marshmallow fluff?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Colombo. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of American expats, coming from the Sunshine Belt, New England, the Mid-West and all parts of the USA.
Fellow Americans in Colombo
American Expats in Colombo share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where American expats in Colombo exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The "Harbour With Leafy Mango Trees".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Colombo’s American expats as well as other English-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow American expats in Colombo.
- Use the Expat Guide for Colombo to find information, e.g. about the closest American diplomatic mission or regional AmCham.
Meet fellow Americans in Colombo at our Events
Our community in Colombo is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Anu Perera, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Colombo’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other American expats to explore the cultural heartland of Sri Lanka. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from Sri Lanka in Colombo as well as Americans in Sri Lanka nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Americans living in Colombo!