Living in Colombo | from Switzerland
"On coming to Colombo, I was dreading the culture shock. However, expats and local contacts gave me some great advice. "
Living in Colombo | from Belgium
"It was fun to find other cricket fans among the expats around here and watch some matches at a Colombo club together. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Dutch in Colombo
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Colombo expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Colombo
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Dutch in Colombo
Welkom to all Dutch in Colombo! Are you interested in getting to know fellow Dutch expats in Colombo? Are you looking for advice from other Dutch, e.g. in which bars in Colombo will Oranje Zwart's upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for Leyden cheese and Frisian sugarbread?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Colombo. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of Dutch expats, coming from Zuuid Holland, North Brabant, Drenthe and all parts of the Netherlands.
Fellow Dutch in Colombo
Dutch Expats in Colombo share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where Dutch expats in Colombo exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The "Harbour With Leafy Mango Trees".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Colombo’s Dutch expats as well as other Dutch-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow Dutch expats in Colombo.
- Use the Expat Guide for Colombo to find information, e.g. about the closest Dutch diplomatic mission or regional Hollandse Club.
Meet fellow Dutch in Colombo at our Events
Our community in Colombo is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Anu Perera, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Colombo’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other Dutch expats to explore the cultural heartland of Sri Lanka. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from Sri Lanka in Colombo as well as Dutch in Sri Lanka nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Dutch living in Colombo!