Living in Helsinki | from Canada
"I found a former Helsinki expat who had recently moved back to Brazil, so we swapped all the important need-to-knows."
Living in Helsinki | from Brazil
"Some information on InterNations helped me a great deal, and I'm sure other expats in Helsinki feel the same way."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Americans in Helsinki
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Helsinki expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Helsinki
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Americans in Helsinki
Welcome to all Americans in Helsinki! Are you interested in getting to know fellow American expats in Helsinki? Are you looking for advice from other Americans, e.g. in which bars in Helsinki will Chicago Cubs' upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for peanut butter and marshmallow fluff?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Helsinki. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of American expats, coming from the Sunshine Belt, New England, the Mid-West and all parts of the USA.
Fellow Americans in Helsinki
American Expats in Helsinki share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where American expats in Helsinki exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in "Stadi" or "Hesa".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Helsinki’s American expats as well as other English-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow American expats in Helsinki.
- Use the Expat Guide for Helsinki to find information, e.g. about the closest American diplomatic mission or regional AmCham.
Meet fellow Americans in Helsinki at our Events
Our community in Helsinki is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Simo Kohonen and Ludmila Hyytiä, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Helsinki’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other American expats to explore the historical province of Uusimaa. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from Finland in Helsinki as well as Americans in Finland nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Americans living in Helsinki!