Living in Cape Town | from Canada
"Fortunately, I received lots of supportive tips from other InterNations members before moving to Cape Town."
Living in Cape Town | from Australia
"Here in Cape Town, InterNations consists of a great crowd of expats. Not just anyone can join the site, and I am happy about that."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Americans in Cape Town
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Cape Town expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Cape Town
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Americans in Cape Town
Welcome to all Americans in Cape Town! Are you interested in getting to know fellow American expats in Cape Town? Are you looking for advice from other Americans, e.g. in which bars in Cape Town will Chicago Cubs' upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for peanut butter and marshmallow fluff?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Cape Town. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of American expats, coming from the Sunshine Belt, New England, the Mid-West and all parts of the USA.
American Expats in Cape Town Posted:
I haven't been to the Hout Bay school (although I think they are building a beautiful new facility)...
hi joseph, hope your plans work out and that you end up in cape town. i came to south africa fo...
You'll love it! I was there for 3 months and I have now decided I will be living in there for 6 mon...
Oh my - that's such a bad experience. What exactly is FZP ? Also - I used Just letting to find o...
Hi Marissa, That sounds like a fantastic idea. Once we arrive, we'll likely attend one as we mo...
You can't go wrong with Green point, gardens, tamboerskloof, the southern suburbs and the blouberg ...
Fellow Americans in Cape Town
American Expats in Cape Town share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where American expats in Cape Town exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The city on the cape of good hope, also known as Ikapa.
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Cape Town’s American expats as well as other English-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow American expats in Cape Town.
- Use the Expat Guide for Cape Town to find information, e.g. about the closest American diplomatic mission or regional AmCham.
Meet fellow Americans in Cape Town at our Events
Our community in Cape Town is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Johannes Kraus and Jessy Lipperts, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Cape Town’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other American expats to explore the Cape of Good Hope. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from South Africa in Cape Town as well as Americans in South Africa nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Americans living in Cape Town!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
American Expats in South Africa
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: