Living in Slovakia | from Austria
"How am I going to manage in Bratislava? That was my first thought. Through InterNations I attended a few nice events and eventually I began to like it here."
Living in Slovakia | from Netherlands
"Bratislava wasn't an easy move for us. Then I joined InterNations and found a job for myself, a car for my partner and a nanny for the kids."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Slovakia
- Join our community and get to know members of Slovakia’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Slovak expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Bratislava, Žilina and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Slovakia!
InterNations – Connecting Swiss living in Slovakia
Are you looking for fellow Swiss in Slovakia? Do you need advice and tips from your Swiss countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Swiss expats to discover attractions like the National Park and mountain resort towns of Vysoké Tatry together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in Slovakia or still residing at home in Switzerland to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Slovakia provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a sizable number of Swiss expats in Slovakia, planting their roots across Switzerland - from Graubünden, over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Slovakia
Receive Information and Tips about Slovakia from Swiss Expats
Obviously, expat life in Slovakia is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with Swiss compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience to get accustomed to the Slovak culture and people. InterNations helps you to get to know and exchange with other Swiss in Slovakia, living in Bratislava, Košice, Žilina and many other places across the country. Just visit our network of Swiss in Bratislava.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your Swiss mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Swiss food or chatting about ZSC Lions' latest match, join the Slovak InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expats in Slovakia.
- Receive and share advice in our Slovakia Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a German or French-speaking nanny for your kids or where to shop for mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Bratislava.
- Browse the InterNations Expat Guide for Slovakia to find institutions like the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss embassy.
From the High Tatras to Slovakian Paradise National Park, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Swiss expats in Slovakia.
Take part in various Expat Activities to meet fellow Swiss in Slovakia
In addition, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and excursions taking place in Slovakia. Activities cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Slovak bryndzové halušky, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Bratislava’s top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip to visit Bratislava's beautifully restored historical centre and other impressive landmarks across Slovakia.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Switzerlandand around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Simply request your personal invitation to become a member and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Grüezi from our Swiss living in Slovakia!