Let’s Improve the Environment by Planting a Forest! (2nd plant)
Let’s spend a day going out into the Romanian countryside to plant saplings so that they grow into a forest. For this activity, we will be working with a non-profit organization called The Children’s Forest, which is focused on increasing the amount of forest land in southern Romania.
This event requires moderate physical activity, as you will be digging holes and planting small trees or other plants. Total work time will be about 5 hours. This will be a fun, active and very educational day where you can truly make a solid and measurable positive impact on the environment.
For more information on the Children’s Forest, their website is Protected content (this website is only in Romanian)
There are already about 60 people signed up for this planting but we would like to have many more. See instructions below on signing up - you need to do more than just indicate interest on this webpage.
The Volunteer Planting Experience Day Schedule:
7.45 – 8. Protected content on the coach at a place to be determined. It is 40 Lei for the bus, or free if you carpool.
8. Protected content - Travel to planting location
9. Protected content - Welcome and training
10. Protected content - Session I planting with coffee breaks
13. Protected content - Camp lunch (you can pay 50 Lei for lunch, or you can bring your own food)
14. Protected content - Session II planting with coffee breaks
16. Protected content - Close of the session, sharing impressions, photo session
16. Protected content - Travel back to Bucharest while continuing to share impressions
- The Children's Forest will provide seedlings and work equipment (spades, buckets) and gardening gloves: drinking water and luncheon lunch, and transport to the action site.
- Children Forests Coordinators will train, guide and support the participants during the planting day.
- Participants are asked to come to the event mentally and physically prepared to spend 5 hours doing moderate and sustained physical labor. Participants should have appropriate clothing and footwear corresponding to the season and type of spring activity. We suggest boots or rubber boots, street shoes with thick soles, two layers of light / sportswear, waterproof jacket/wind-stopper, hat), sunscreen and a bottle of water to drink while on the bus.
- Weather can be unpredictable so we ask all participants to be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
Before volunteers arrive the ground will be marked for planting. On average, each person will plant Protected content . Each team of 2 volunteers will plant Protected content .
- Volunteers should have appropriate clothing for this type of activity (see above). In addition, participants need to be prepared for all types of weather conditions regardless of the weather forecast
Location of Planting: Calarasi County, Dragos Voda Village.
Bus Ride = 40 Lei
Lunch = 50 Lei
Donations = We encourage donations. Each 8 Lei will pay for planting and caring for 1 sapling.
If you want the bus ride and lunch, The amount must be payed in the account Protected content
This payment information is also on the form the link is attached to.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.