Rundwanderung im Hohen Venn ab Baraque Michel (13,4 km / 160 hm)
Hi Düssel Hikers,
on Public Holiday Wednesday, 1.11.17 (Allerheiligen) I organize an attractive autumn hiking tour in "Hohes Venn".
We’ll hike in Eastern Belgium, close to the German border in the South of Aachen (ca. 90 min by car) in the unique landscape of the Hohes Venn. A "Hochmoor" until Protected content O.P.
- Meeting time at parking of Baraque Michel is at 11:00.
- Meeting point:
B- Protected content
Baraque Michel 36
The tour has a distance of 13,4 km and Protected content ascent. Hiking time is approx. 4 hours (net).
For this hike you definitely need ankle, water resistant hiking boots or rubber boots!!! With easy loafers you will get wet feet because of the marshy moor.
Here you find the profile and the gpx-track:
For this hike is no train connection available!
Please organize yourself for car sharing. Those guys who have a car: Please put an event comment about how many people you can take with you and where you propose to meet up.
After the hike I will make a reservation in the restaurant at the parking "Baraque Michel". A Restaurant with excellent food, but also suitable for rustic dressed Hikers ;-)
Special Recommendation is "Wildschweinragout mit Rotkohl , Preiselbeeren und hausgemachten Fritten"
This dish is really delicious!
Case of very bad weather I will cancel the hike 1 day before.
- Please make sure, that you are just in time at our meeting point. We will wait max. 10 min!
- Parts of the track can be muddy. Please bring your hiking-boots. And in order, that the drivers of the cars don’t have any effort to clean their interior after the hike, please be so kind and bring a second pair of clean shoes for the way back.
- If the event is fully booked, please stay calm and watch the list of attendees. Usually there will be some changes of attendees just 1 or 2 days before the hike. THERE IS NO WAITING LIST!
- Liability: The hike takes place for all at your own risk, there is no liability for any personal injury and property damage!
- Please only subscribe if you are pretty sure that you will attend and cancel as early as possible if you can't make it. Thanks!
Looking forward to see you!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.