Quiapo Muslim Immersion Tour
Please be informed that we will be changing the schedule of the Quiapo Muslim Immersion Tour that you signed up for. The new schedule is now May 25, 3:30pm-7:30pm. With this, we can witness Iftar, the breaking of the day's fast.
We still have a few slots left for this unique tour. Kindly let me know if you will participate and deposit soon. Thanks so much and have a great week ahead!
I am tapping Meaningful Travels Ph for this trip. Cost is at Php 1,500.00. Protected content
Meaningful Travels Ph brings you another inspiring tour and opportunity to open your hearts and minds to the richness and tradition of the Filipino Muslim culture. Right here in the heart of Metro Manila is the town of Quiapo that represents a “hotchpotch” of the culture of the major Muslim ethnic tribal groups – particularly, the Maranaos, Tausug, and Maguindanaons – covering their faith, food, fashion, stories and views about the wider world including family, women and education.
We will hear from Imams at the Mosque, community leaders ( youth/women's group) and spend time with the children studying in the Madrasa school as part of our community engagement and giving back commitment in our tours.
This experience is designed to open our hearts and minds, to challenge any preconceived notions and build greater understanding and appreciation of Manila’s rich Muslim culture. In the end, creating a closer bond with our Muslim brothers and sisters.
B. ABOUT THE TOUR
* The immersion tour starts at exactly Protected content
Walking Tour Highlights:
* Learn about the history of the Islam Faith in the Philippines
* Visit the Golden Mosque and learn from their religious leaders about the Islam faith and practices
* Learn about the history of the Quiapo community.
* Visit the local places to eat. Learn about Halal food. Discover & taste local dishes delicacies such as Palapa and Dodol.
* Understand & appreciate their modest fashion styles. Visit shopping stalls where you can purchase attractive long dresses/ shawls /and skirts.
* Visit a local Madrasa school and spend time with the children as part of our giving back activity. Interactive activities will be arranged with the teachers and administrators to foster learning between the students and visitors.
* Full orientation and debriefing will be conducted before and after the trip to facilitate learning from the immersion experience.
---------------------------------------------------------------- Protected content
D. WHAT TO BRING AND WHAT TO WEAR
Remember that we will be visiting the Protected content So please :
* Wear respectful, modest and decent clothes.
* No low necklines. No shorts for men and women.
* For women, all blouses, shirts and tops must cover the skin until the wrist area. No
short sleeves. Men can wear short sleeves shirts.
* Wear long dresses, skirts, trousers or pants that will cover down to the ankles. .
* No painted nails. Wear socks if you have painted toenails.
* Women must bring a headscarf or turban to cover their hair. Women can buy ready to wear head cover at the shops outside the Mosques (for Protected content .
* Please see attached guide for dress code.
* Bring bottled water and a small towel with you to stay cool.
* Please also bring gifts we can give to the Madrasa school kids and teachers - pencils, art materials,
bags or notebooks and/or, hygiene kits. All donations for school supplies will be pooled together prior
to the trip date (the attendance varies from Protected content . Meaningful Travels Ph will ensure we have
enough gifts for the children. Each tour participant is encouraged to make a donation (and/or help in
the fundraising) even if it's a very modest amount or just a pair of pencils. Thank you for supporting us
in this work which will be greatly appreciated by the Madrasa school and the kids themselves.
------------------------------------------------------------ Protected content
E. . TOUR FEES AND INCLUSIONS
Regular Rate: 1,500 Php
a. This is a 5 hours guided tour and experience, a full immersion program, with your own personal guide, who will take you around the Muslim town so you will gain a real understanding of Quiapo town and its Muslim history & traditions etc.
b.Interaction with the Protected content and the Madrasa's community leaders which will foster cultural understanding of Muslims, their Islam faith and their cultural diversity.
c. Morning snacks from the Arab-Asian Cafe
d. Halal Lunch at a Maranao Restaurant
e. Orientation and debriefing of the experience
f. Immersion guidelines/manual
g. Certificate of Participation
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.