Apek Hill with Waterfall Jacuzzi (good training)
Apek Hill or Old Man Hill is slightly tougher than Gasing Hill. Good workout as there are steep trails.
Level of difficulty: 2 of Protected content the easiest, 5= the most difficult)
The standard route is 3 hours in total up & down (for fit hiker) to 4 hours (for not fit hikers) plus max an hour at mini waterfall. No place to swim, but good jacuzzi and dip in. You will have more things to see along many pit stops (it's secret until you come to hike here)
After hike, lunch at Chinese restaurant that is famous for steamed fish. The restaurant close by 3.30pm so we need to be out of jungle by latest 2pm.
Things to bring:-
1) 2L water / sports drink (or you can buy can drinks at the peak)
2) Snacks or fruits
3) spare dry clothing and sandals for change after hike and jacuzzi
4) walking stick (optional)
5) camera (optional)
6) cash for lunch, petrol
7) sarung or towel as portable changing room. There is place to change but is a groundsheet wall and limited.
1) Transport for carpooling? Where to meet? Whatsapp in the group to find out. My contact will be shown when you clicked Attending.
Passengers to offer to pay their share of toll & mileage to their driver without waiting to be asked, driver need not pay for own mileage in this trip.
2) After hike: Passengers to bring their clean and dry clothing and footwear to change (or put on clean raincoat over the seat) before entering the driver's car. Otherwise, please clean up after you.
3) Please have your own breakfast before the trip. It gives you energy.
4) Your general profile, clear profile picture, profession and workplace - at least 2 or 3 of these to be completed before attending the event. This provides information for hiking emergency.
5) Participation is confirmed when you Whatsapp or SMS me. My number is visible once you click attending. If you have to pull out within 24 hours before event, please notify me by WA or SMS as I receive auto-generated guest list that included you.
6) Safety and health are at your own risk during the activity. We still look after each other within the limits of the whole team. When in doubt, consult me. I have over 20 years hiking experience in Malaysia.
Last but not least, let go comfort and have fun.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.