Windsor Great Park (13 miles)
This is a long walk but lovely.
We should see the Queen on her way to the ASCOT races. We will have a picnic whilst we wait for her and her carriage. It is not guaranteed but I have got it right so far. Fingers crossed and let's hope I get it right again this year.
This is a leisure walk encompassing The Savill Garden, Virginia Water, The Valley Gardens and the Long Walk and Deer Park – the Great Park offers a rich tapestry of experiences to discover, with a Royal history spanning over 1,000 years. You will encounter historical monuments, ancient forests and stunning horticultural displays, as well as rare wildlife, plants and fungi - so whatever your interest, there will be something to excite and amaze you.
It is a flat (no hills) circular walk which starts and finishes at Protected content
This is the final day of the ASCOT races so please bear in mind that London Waterloo station will be very busy with elegantly dressed people on their way to the races.
There will be a lot of trains going to Virginia water on the day.
Trains back to London run regularly every 9 minutes. Return fare will be cheaper if you travel in a group.
Drivers: Parking is £2 all day at the station.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity which carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk. Please bring along with you your personal first aid.
3. We will go at a leisurely pace but it is a long walk. Please do not RSVP if you are not fit enough for a long walk.
4. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. You can also bring some picnics and games to share. The park has a lot nice spots for picnics. We will visit a pub after the hike so bring some money with you if you wish to indulge.
5. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
6. WEATHER: Please note that it might be necessary to cancel the hike if the weather is really bad. The hike should go ahead is there is little rain.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.