Waverley Abbey & Peper Harrow Park - 13 miles.
This is a LINEAR walk. It starts from FARNHAM and finishes in GODALMING.
A long but pretty walk with gentle hills via a nice mixture of river valley, forest tracks, and many beautiful country houses.
This walk starts and ends along the River Wey. It follows the start of the North Downs Way through a narrow forested valley. It passes close to the ruins of Waverley Abbey (English Heritage), and goes through woods to Charleshill.
This is a new route for me so there might be some navigation errors but hopefully not as it is quite straightforward.
Buy a day return to Farnham. For the return journey you will need to buy a single from Godalming to Woking.
Train Departs London Waterloo at 09:07.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. This is a hike only for the reasonably fit hikers or people that exercise regularly. Please do not RSVP if you are unfit.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We will find a suitable picnic area along the way or visit a pub.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Please cancel your attendance if you change your mind.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.