Join now

Moving to Almaty in July 2023 - Advice / Help

Good Day All,

I am looking for some advice on using this platform and perhaps some help from people who have maybe been in a similar scenario.

Firstly, I am 33 and currently live in Newcastle Upon Tyne in the U.K. I work as a Compliance Officer for a European Social Funded programme and have experience working in Project Management in Engineering. I have been with my girlfriend for 3/4 years now and she is from Almaty...

She is currently studying here in the U.K but is planning on moving back home to Almaty in July Protected content . I am hoping to also come and make a new home for myself.

So, I was hoping for a few things

a) Any advice at all on how to make this possible would be amazing, I am aware that as a British citizen I can only stay in Kazakhstan for 30 day periods and 90 out of Protected content , so i need to find a job...

I have been applying regularly for jobs via LinkedIn but if anyone could point me in the direction of local employers / recruiters that would be fab!

b) This one is a bit random but... I have discussed a self employed role that would allow me to travel and work from the country which is obviously great but this self employed role would not get me a visa. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I can apply for a type of VISA that would allow me to work as self employed in Kazakhstan. That way I would already have a job and wouldn't need to border hop and leave for 6 months of the year.

c) Honestly, just any other advice that people would think would be relevant - perhaps on the possibility of this app. I am not sure if the premium package opens new doors but if people have good experiences please let me know.

Anyway, thank you all for reading and any advice that comes :)

James

Almaty Forum

Our Global Partners