Join now

Understanding how i relocate (Barcelona)

Good afternoon all
I know this and similar have been asked a thousand times and i promise i am searching and trying to find the advice and tips i need.

I am currently working and living in UK. I am in the latter stages of negotiating new employment in Barcelona. If the negotiations go well i will be looking to relocate myself, my wife and our Labrador to Barcelona.
I have no idea on a number of things but i will start with more about me.
My wife and i have a dog and we enjoy the outdoors so i would like to be located outside the city with some good walks and close enough to the beach that we can get a bus, train or ride my motorcycle there.
Yes in the UK i commute to work by motorbike this will be an option also if i relocate to Barcelona.
Therefore neighbourhoods i want to investigate to live need to either have good train or bus links or be within a Protected content commute by motorbike. I've been considering Sant Cugat ( i have friends here already) Badalona, Gava, Castelldefels, Vilanova i la Geltru, any advice recommendations on these?
I will have somewhere in the region of Protected content a month to spend on rent.
What about taxes though? I am a Uk citizen and i own a house in the UK does this affect my taxes? i need recomendations on who to speak to about this.
The company i will be working for will be arranging my NIE and will supply my contract of employment to anybody that needs it to enable me to rent accommodation.
Is a bank account worth setting up? i have an online back account that i use which is accepted worldwide and ensures that i get the best exchange rate based on the day i perform transactions. My current employer has no issues paying into this its basically a bank but has no branches anywhere.
Any recommendations for lawyers or solicitors to speak to so i can get a better understanding of employment and taxes would be great.
As would be recommendations on neighbourhoods to live, agents to contact to start to arrange viewings.
My plan for the first month is to go via air bnb and take a month long rental which should give me enough free time to go and look at places for a more permanent home.
Thanks in advance, and i promise i will still keep searching the forum for other tips.

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners