Join now

Can anyone help me?! (Blantyre)

Hey dear Malawi Internations-members.

I need your help, or advise. I lived in Cape Town and had a very nice cleaning lady -Nancy, who also took care of the children, our dogs and house. Protected content left South Africa, but was still helping Nancy, because I like her and because she is such a nice person. The times are changing and Cape Town is not so safe anymore. Nancy want to go back to Malawi and she is asking me for help. But unfortunately I don't have any connections in Malawi. I have never been there. I really don't know, how to help her. She needs a job and please to stay: a room, a flat, a small house... I don't know how the properties market in Malawi works. Can you rent a flat, room.... where can she get a job? Is there a job center? I mean, she worked for us 4 years and she was always nice, friendly and very honest. Maybe some of you need a new housekeeper, babysitter, cleaning lady.... Since we left, she is working for a friend of mine and has all the references. She is a very hard worker and she only left Malawi, because of her children. She wanted bring them thought school. Her heart was always in her home-country .

It would be so amazing, if someone could help me, or could give an advise what I can do and where to go.

many thanks

Katie

Blantyre Forum

Our Global Partners