Join now

Having a baby in colombia & pitbull colombia (Bogotá)

My family currently lives in Ecuador. We have been here for two years and have one Ecuadorian child and two from before living her. When our child was born in Ecuador he was automatically given citizenship and because of this we were able to stay. Now we are expecting our fourth and would really love to move to Colombia and do the same thing there. Then we would have the option of travel between the two countries to live.
I have read very mixed reviews on the internet if a baby born in Colombia gets citizenship or not and all of my colombian contacts in Ecuador say Yes they do get citizenship. Can anyone please tell me if they have dealt with this or know any situation similar.

Second I read that you can not enter Colombia with a American Stafshired Terrior or Pit Bull. It says the same about Ecuador and when we flew in he had no problem entering. Is this law just not enforced or is it true you cannot come into the country with a pit bull. If this is the case it is a deal breaker for us. He is part of the family and no to mention was very expensive.

Bogotá Forum

Our Global Partners