Hello Internations Community!
A new Costco like store (for my non American friends, Costco is a buy in bulk U.S. Store) has just opened in Bogotá! It's called PriceSmart and it's located on la Boyaca con 26. For those of you, who like me, get exited about good deals on food shopping this is the place for you! There's tons of American products (I'll write a list below of some of the products I saw). You have to pay a membership to be able to shop there. The membership cost 64.000 COP but it gives you two membership cards. So you and a friend can split the membership and only play 32.500 COP each.
The store officially opened today and there were lots of people. But the deals are worth it. I found great deal on cereal (honey bunches of oats!), tuna, juice, skinless chicken fillets, etc. I really loved it because I found a lot of U.S. products I missed or that otherwise are really expensive to buy at Exito or Jumbo.
Hope this helps some of you!
Here's a list of some of the brands I saw and the prices I remember for a few:
- Honey Bunches of Oats & Special K cereal ~21.000 COP each (they're the big boxes that contain 2 packs)
- Ocean Spray juice ~15.000 COP (like a 3 gallon jug)
- Ocean Spray Craisins
- Sabra Hummus
- Olive oil ~15. Protected content 2L bottle)
- Tuna pack of 12 for 23.000 COP (Van Camps tuna)
- Tostitos Tortitlla Chips 9.500 COP (big bag)
- New York Bagel chips ~ 13.000 COP (big bag)
- Salad dressing ~7. Protected content bottles, all sorts of flavors including Blue Cheese)
- Planters Nuts
- Planters Peanut Butter ~9.000 COP (big jars of either creamy or crunch)
- Gain detergent ~25.000 COP (huge bottle for approx over 80 loads)
- Nature's Valley granola bars
- Lysol (spray & wipes)
- Herbal Essence Shampoo
P.S. Let me know if you have any questions :)