Join now

Living in Iasi, Romania (Bucharest)

Views

Dear Romanian InterNations Friends!

In about 72 hours I will be arriving in Iasi, Romania, to conduct my studies at the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi for one semester within the framework of the European ERAMUS program. Due to my very limited grasp of Romanian, I will make it my foremost goal to learn the language as soon as possible in order to being able to make friends more easily and eventually understand Quantum Physics and the like.

Firstly, I would like to attend a highly intensive language course. The University only offers a course if the minimum required number of students participate - in case this does not work out (which is not unlikely), I would be very grateful for names of organizations that offer similiar courses?

Secondly, I'm eager to learn the language by books and movies. Thus, I'd love to hear about your favourite book store in the area - this might also be a good place for me to get a good guidebook for Iasi and its surrounding areas for I have not yet found one here in Austria.

Thirdly and most importantly, as most of you expats know and probably share my opinion: The best way to get to know a new culture is through its people! Therefore I'm curious to get to know any good place (apart from tourist attractions). Whether that'd be a bar for student or a nice jazz club or anything else - diversity is what I'm interested in!

I'm looking forward to this new challenge in Romania and I'm always grateful and open for any suggestions and advices that you would like to share with me and other expats to Iasi!

Thank you!

Oliver

Bucharest Forum

Our Global Partners