Join now

Samurai Game® in Bucharest, Romania 3 & 4 May

Hello Friends of Bucharest,

If you're looking for something to do on the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of May in Bucharest, I invite you for a unique and eye-opening personal development event, The Samurai Game®. I am visiting Bucharest for this unique opportunity ot run the game and preparations are already underway. If you'd like to know more about it, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Here are some frequently asked questions about this event:

1. What is the Samurai Game®?
The Samurai Game® is considered by many to be the most unique, intense and challenging leadership and teambuilding experiential simulation available anywhere. Tens of thousands of individuals from around the world have participated in it, through organizational and corporate trainings & retreats, university and school leadership courses, and personal development programs.The Samurai Game® was invented, written, and first performed in Protected content George Leonard, author, award-winning editor, musician, Aikido instructor and pioneer in the Human Potential movement. The Samurai Game® was copyrighted by George Leonard and is solely owned by The Leonard Family Trust.

2. What happens in the Samurai Game®?
Participants in The Samurai Game® cross a psychological line and step into the unfamiliar simulated world of the medieval Japanese Samurai. They form two competing samurai armies and engage with their teammates and opponents in symbolic battles that eventually determine the simulation’s finale. These battles call upon participants to exercise resourcefulness, decisiveness, honor, dignity, integrity, respect, compassion and personal commitment. The pace is fast and unpredictable, and the outcomes are highly uncertain. No two productions of the simulation are ever quite the same, making each learning experience unique! While involving no significant physical contact, The Samurai Game® demands much in the way of centeredness and teamwork. Participants are encouraged to summon forth their “warrior” spirit with courage and determination.
The Game is just one third of the workshop. Before the game takes place, an introduction is made as to what the game involves, the rules, the preparations and build up towards the game. The other third of the workshop takes place on the second day when participants come together and review what happened during the game and further start to integrate their thought processes with eachother. To most people, this is the most meaningful and substantial part of the workshop as realisations are verbalised and dialogued.

3. What is expected of me if I participate in the weekend workshop?
The workshop is 1 and a half days in length. If you are going to participate, you would be expected to attend both days of the workshop and to arrive on time before the starting time of each day. You would be asked to keep an open mind about what is going to happen and to participate in as fully engaged as possible in the build up to the game as well as during the game itself and after the game during the sharing phases.

4 What do I gain from a Samurai Game® experience?
Each person may gain something unique and personal to their individual experience of the workshop and the game. That's not to say that there won't be some common areas of resonance in realisations about ourselves and our existence as individuals, as a group, as a community, as a universe, etc. Often, after having played the game, people talk about a deeper sense of connection, compassion, awareness and living in the moment. In addition, it is the intention of the game to help people understand the true purpose of leadership and what is necessary to build a strong and positive community.

Bucharest Forum

Our Global Partners