Join now

Literary Vaudeville at Massolit Books and Cafe (Budapest)

Dear Internations Community,

You are invited to a reading by 2 Canadians new to the community:

Sat. Jan 11, Protected content 6:00 pm

Massolit Books and Café
Nagy Diófa utca 30
LITERARY VAUDEVILLE IN BUDAPEST

Two engaging essays on generational conflict and international issues
by Hungarian-Canadian writer Rita Bozi and Canadian playwright Ken Cameron.

This is the first time Literary Vaudeville, produced by Productive Obsession of Canada, travels to Hungary.

(I Remember) Hungarian Radio and the Effects of Trauma by Rita Bozi had its first reading in Calgary in November Protected content , and In the Cradle of Civilization by Ken Cameron in April Protected content . Both are personal, brave, honest, and sometimes disturbing works of creative non-fiction. Both will be jumping off points for eventual performances to be created by Productive Obsession.

These readings are distinguished by the rigorous rehearsal and theatrical delivery Rita and Ken (co-artistic conspirators of Productive Obsession) bring to their Literary works. PO is delighted to be doing their first ever Hungarian reading at their favourite cafe in Budapest.

THIS READING IS IN ENGLISH

"After midnight, I hear my mother yelling. I run up the darkened stairs. This tiny woman looms over my father as he kneels at the foot of the bed. He wears striped pajamas. Without her dentures my mother's face looks like an imploded apple. She yells in Hungarian, “I’m going to beat your brains out!"
Protected content (I Remember) Hungarian Radio and the Effects of Trauma by Rita Bozi

"Hossein looks me straight in the eye. He betrays no emotion. Just a journalist’s eye for the facts. “I was sentenced to 19 ½ years in prison. For blogging.”
Protected content In The Cradle of Civilization by Ken Cameron

WHEN

Saturday Jan 11th Protected content
6:00 pm

WHERE
Massolit Books & Café
Nagy Diófa utca 30

FREE

Please let me know if you have any inquiries by emailing Rita at Protected content
Protected content

Budapest Forum

Our Global Partners