Join now

Creation of a small center for cultural activities (Chicago)

Hi fellow human beings,

In these times and for months, perhaps for the next few years to come we have to reinvent ourselves. As school resumes, most of our kids will be taught at home, and the parents are looking for other means for creative outlets, adapted to our current situation. ex. 5 students max per class. And of course, online classes. We need a entirely new model.

So with a couple of professional friends I am planning on starting a small center in North Chicagoland, with activities for the community, for children and adults, with classes as affordable as possible, and giving other talented professionals a chance to work with us as well.

Classes offered will be: martial arts, tai chi, qigong, yoga, group coaching, archery, theater classes, fitness/toning class for women 50+, Feng Shui classes, art classes, and an art gallery for local artists. We are multi-lingual (English, Spanish, Dutch so far). And as more professionals join, even more: music, for instance. Anything that brings wellbeing into our lives.

For that we need to find a large space (looking for one in north Chicago land) and forgivable loans and grants, to cover rent, utilities etc. for one year. This way we can make it affordable for the other professionals who work with us. Many of us can't afford those huge rents to set up our own studios.

So, what do I need your input about:
- do you know of any such spaces - perhaps even a landlord who will reduce rent, or sponsor us - there is so much empty space now.
- forgivable loans & grants
- are there any non-profits perhaps who would sponsor such a community building endeavor
- private sponsors
- are you a professional who wants to work with us, then send me a message

Looking forward to your suggestions, as always:)
Brigitte

Chicago Forum

Our Global Partners