Join now

Anyone live near the Monkstown/Dun Laoghaire area? (Dublin)

Views

Looking for some new friends and activity partners in the Monkstown/Dun Laoghaire/Blackrock area (though I find myself in D1, 2 and 4 often enough).

I have a recently pregnant wife at home, and while she'd still be good to tag along on dinners, cliff walks or some local road trips her nights of pub hopping, rock concerts and general debauchery will be on hold for the near future. That being said I still won't shy away from some fun, exploration and general mischief. So if you are in the area and want to meet up some time for a pint (or three) feel free to add me or drop a line.

Down for any of the following:
-Sports - I follow most American sports besides basketball, also big into Italian and international soccer, Irish rugby and GAA.

-Boxing & Martial arts- Have a fair amount of training in both and will go out to watch matches, televised or in person.

-Music- I love punk, industrial, EBM, New Wave, classic and progressive rock. Open to live shows or decent clubs in the area.

-Travel- Local road and rail trips anywhere in Ireland. Been mainland Europe a few times, though a trip to Amsterdam and a return to Scotland are high on my list for the near future. My wife's travel list is too long to list.

-Films- Big horror and sci-fi fan. Always looking to go to major releases.

-Local history and culture- Always been an explorer at heart so love searching out cool old castles, cathedrals, graveyards or some good stories. Open to local festivals and community events as well.

-Studying the Italian language as well so anyone who can help with that would be much appreciated.

If there is anything else you have in mind, feel free to run it by me. Variety, as they say, is the spice of life.

Dublin Forum

Our Global Partners