Join now

Participants needed - Fundraiser for Puerto Rico! (Guatemala City)

Hey all! I'm a US-native, living and working here in Guate. I am working with AMSI Crossfit, the only Crossfit-affiliated box in the sector of San Cristóbal, on something special for this holiday season.

We are excited to announce the start of our new AMSI CARE program – a series of fundraising events and outreach projects intended to raise money for those in need by combining our community’s passion with action.

Our first AMSI CARE event will be in benefit of the people of Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria. Six weeks after the hurricanes devastated Puerto Rico, millions of residents are still living without safe drinking water and electricity. Health experts say the storm’s massive damage to Puerto Rico’s water system is threatening to cause a public health crisis, as more and more people are exposed to contaminated water. We are determined to help.

We will be hosting a Competitor’s WOD for Puerto Rico at AMSI on Saturday, December 9th, at 11AM. In addition to the competition, we will be holding a large Raffle, and will be selling tickets city-wide. We expect at least Protected content between the WOD and Raffle combined. All proceeds will go directly to United for Puerto Rico to help rebuild and restore the lives of the victims affected by these natural disasters.

We are asking your generous support this year with a donation of a raffle prize to be awarded. Prizes donated already have included bags of coffee, a free family photography session, a pre-paid package to Santa Teresita, and more.

Prize donors will receive recognition of their generosity in our newsletter, Facebook and Instagram posts, on the official Competitor’s WOD t-shirts, and live at the event. This is an excellent marketing opportunity for your company to be in front of the diverse and active community we represent.

If you have any questions or want to know how else you can participate in the coming events, please contact me at Protected content or Protected content , or Mario Blanco at Protected content or Protected content .

Anything helps!

Guatemala City Forum

Our Global Partners