Hi there, my husband and I will probably be moving to Silveira - about an hour and 15 minutes drive from Masvingo - with our 3 small children (4, 2, 1) in the next few months. We lived in a town in Ethiopia before and I am wondering what to expect of Zimbabwe, mostly in terms of schools, shopping, activities, power & water supply, and safety.
- Is there an international community in Masvingo?
- Are there supermarkets in Masvingo where we can buy vegetables, yoghurt, cheese (we're Dutch :-)?
- Is it possible to buy toys/playing material that doesn't break after 1 hour because it was so cheaply manufactured (our Ethiopian experience)?
- With regard to safety I read many different things, what should I expect?
- In Ethiopia, we were always a tourist attraction in our town, even after 2 years, because very few white people had lived there. How do you think that will be in a small town in Zim?
- How bad our the power cuts and how poor is the water supply?
- I read somewhere that the schools are pretty good. Is that mostly in Harare, or also in the rest of the country?
I realize I have so many questions. I would appreciate any input on the above, just to get a better idea of the place. Thanks a lot!