Join now
Log in Join

Do I need a license if I'm setting up a private in (Hong Kong)

Is it legal to solicit for investment via ads for a private investment to start a restaurant? Who governs / regulates this space? If you know, what are the details of the ordinance?

I've looked briefly into it and so far it seems:
1) Trade Industry Department (TID) says I'm in the clear
2) Trade Development Council (HKTDC) don't care
3) Still waiting for word back from Companies Registry. I'm pretty sure they only require a license if you offer debt
) The tricky one I'm not very sure about is the Securities and Futures Commission. At a glance, it seems they don't, but digging deeper, I'm not sure if this is considered a collective investment scheme (CIS). Their response is very hazy.

Kevin S

Hong Kong Forum