Join now

Living Tips: Roach / Cockroach Prevention (Hong Kong)

This is Jonathan, an original from Hong Kong.

I have worked for different industries, including food and housing..etc.
One of the common problems of my clients encountered in having a new property, either by purchase or renting, is where they found the appearance of roaches or cockroaches in the house and didn’t know how to deal with, especially for those are expats or new from the other countries.

Of course some people will say just buying pesticide to kill them can be fine. However, overuse of pesticide may lead to problems of growing hybrid species of roaches or cockroaches with resistance of the pesticide used. This will make the problems become serious and serious in coming future.

Thence I here suggest 5 natural ways to solve the roach or cockroach problems at home, in hopes we can protect our families and the nature of the world.

1)Home-made Spicy Spray
Roach or Cockroach doesn’t like Chillies.
Boil 3 or 4 pieces of chillies and 3 or 4 pieces of garlics with Protected content of water. After it turns cool, spraying it over the house to prevent attack from roaches or cockroaches.

2)Mob the floor with baking soda solution
Mix 3 or 4 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 Gallon of water to mob the floor. It’s told it can prevent the attack from roaches or cockroaches. If adding 3 or 4 more tablespoons of borax, the effect can be enhanced.

3)Pour white vinegar into the ditch
For the ditch not often used in the kitchen, we can pour some white vinegar into it and place a cover over, to prevent roaches or cockroaches from outside entering the house.

4)Put soap pieces to the corners of the house
If tiny roaches or cockroaches have already been found in the house, we can set up a repellent (Magic) circle for them. Cutting any ordinary soap into small pieces and placing them to the corners of the house may work it out.

5)Use Onion as Baits
Mix mashed onion with water, flour and sugar. Then add some borax and knead it into small balls. After drying, they can be put in the place where the roaches or cockroaches are usually found in the house.

I hope the above information can help.

Wish you all have a good living in Hong Kong.

Jonathan (^_−)−☆

Hong Kong Forum

Our Global Partners