Join now

About the recent expat event at Ulus 29 Sunset Bar (Istanbul)

I m really schoked by 2 internations responsible for welcoming guests at the entry of the bar last night..one of them whom I dont know by his name asked me to show my passport to allow me pass...!! Despite he saw i was member...I showed him the screenshot of my passport on my mobile ..he then not so glad nodded but my friend who is also member had not attended online so he said he could not let both us in coz she was not registered online! He was so rude in his body language saying that he rejected so many guests at the entry...I ve never been asked passport before this ıs really mad and rude and deliberate action..then we called the management of ulus 29 and they let immediately let us in apologizing on behalf of internations...even after I entered the place the guy still approached me saying i was not allowed to stand at the internations guest table!!! I said pls then go ahaed and discuss this with the bar s management who in the 1st place offered us the table!..This behaviour is really unacceptable and inhuman not classy at all I dont think I d attend events anymore...It should be really stupid to pay membership in Eur to pay still money at the entrance plus to be treated like this! Shame on you!

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners