Join now

iOS5 Makes US iPhone Useless - Need2 "unblock SIM" (Istanbul)

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me. I am an American and I am having a problem with my (American) iPhone. It is a iPhone 4 and I bought it on eBay. Through the use of Jail Break I have been able to use it without incident, until... I downloaded the new iOS5. Now the phone has been rendered virtually useless. I have been to several Turkcell support centers and as you know you go to five Turkcells, you get five different answers to your problem, none of which were the ones I wanted to hear. Finally I went to an independent tech and he told me that when I downloaded the new iOS5, the phone went back to the original, manufacturer settings. The tech told me that the new OS has a greater bandwidth and that Jail Break could not support it so I need to contact the provider (of which I don't have one because I bought it on eBay) and get them to "unblock my SIM" and make the phone "SIM-FREE).
Can anyone help me or direct me to someone who could help me make my iPhone work here in Turkey.
Thanks,
Marty

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Istanbul Forum