DanChurchAid Great Lakes Regional Office in Kampala is seeking to recruit a person with minimum Protected content of experience for the following local expat position:
Position Name: Global Funding Officer
Duty Station: Kampala Protected content % time) with travels mainly
Reports To: Regional Representative of the Great Lakes
Regional Office in Kampala.
The main function of the Global Funding Officer (GFO) is to support the fundraising capacity and increase donor income of DanChurchAid’s Great Lakes Regional Office in Uganda. The GFO shall be the focal point and key responsible for timely proposal development – together with partner organisations and technical staff of DCA - ensuring that proposals meet the requirements of international donors as well as ensuring appropriate grants management of international funded projects. The GFO shall assist in building relations to and in increasing visibility of the DCA-GLRO office among donors, and ensuring that international donor funded projects meet the visibility and communication requirements of the donor(s).
The GFO shall build the competence of DanChurchAid GLRO staff and partners to do their own fundraising from international as well as country based donors.
For details of the position – please see the detailed job description on Protected content and search ‘Global Funding Officer’
Key qualifications / Experience:
• A university degree in international development or other related social sciences.
• Documented successful experience in proposal development and writing.
• Knowledge of handling contracts of international donors including EU, USAid as well as other institutional donors
• Likes to liaise and raising the profile of DCA with donors
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, and capacity to work with a partner-based approach.
• Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and good at coordinating and organizing own work as well as that of the team.
• Paying attention to detail.
• Excellent English writing skills.
• Knowledge of and experience with private sector partnerships an absolute advantage.
• Knowledge of DCA’s programmatic areas an advantage.
Terms and conditions:
The position is a 2-year “Local Expat Contract” with the possibility of extension. Terms and conditions are similar to those of local employees as according to the Staff Manual for DCA Regional Offices, with the exception of a higher salary.
To apply, please e-mail CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the post, including three work-related referees and copies of certificates to the following email: Protected content Clearly mark “GFO-DCA” in the subject field.
Online attachments should not exceed 2 MB.
Closing date is on the 22nd of November Protected content
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
Only expatriates residing within Uganda or the East-African region may be considered for this position