Join now
Log in Join

Another Taxation question (Kuala Lumpur)

Hi Everyone:
I am looking forward to arriving in KL on June 30. My one year contract begins July 1.
My understanding is that in order to qualify for the lower tax rate as a resident, I must reside for Protected content , (until Dec. 29), but that it is possible to take up to 14 social visit days during residency period. My question is, if I stay in Malaysia for Protected content (until Dec. 20), can I travel out of the country and use Dec. Protected content "social visit" days that would be added to the Protected content to qualify for the lower tax rate? Or would my residency be determined by my entry and exit stamps in my passport? Thanks for any insight you can share.

Kuala Lumpur Forum