Join now
Log in Join

How can i take my room deposit back?Please consult (Kuala Lumpur)

Hello everybody

I am seeking an advice for my situation. Please be patient to read my inquiry and give me advice if it's possible.
I am a Vietnamese and living in Wangsa Maju. I come here for working at a telemarketing company.
I went here at 11 Oct, lived in a hotel for the first month. On 10 Nov, I moved in a room in Zetapark, Wangsa Maju after talk to the owner's agent. As my information from the agent before I move in, the room will have wifi on 15 Nov, he emphasized he has double check with TM unifi and the man who rent the whole unit will provide a wardrobe. I signed a contract with:
- 2 months deposit: 1,400 RM
- 0,5 month deposit for utilities: Protected content
- 1 month pay in advanced: Protected content
- stamping fee: Protected content
In that contract mentioned, in case i move out, the landlord can forfeit my deposit, but doesn't mention the wifi and wardrobe.
I hold 1 copy of the contract without stamping. I don't know the others have stamped or not. Stayed there for 2 months without wifi, I decided to move out.I have informed the landlord 1 month before i move out and require he has to give me back my deposit because the room have no wifi for 2 months. It's not as what they committed. And i also didn't receive any wardrobes from landlord. He denied to give the deposit back to me because he based on the contract to talk with me. I have convinced him to give me back Protected content instead of Protected content . he agreed. But on the day i move out, he said he had no money and committed will give me back next week (week Protected content . I took the key due to moving my luggage out reason. He was not at home at that time. I asked him for took the key and he agreed. After 1 week, i have not seen any calls or messages related to the deposit. I have told him i will sue him if he doesn't refund it. Then, he sent to me a message and based on the contract to debate again and denied to refund. I have contacted him for giving back the key. He didn't answer me.
I want to take my full deposit back. So should i report to the police? Please consult me more for my case
Thank you

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Kuala Lumpur Forum