Join now

Possible family move from Texas to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)

I am looking for information on areas that are family friendly and in close proximity to schools for the kids, markets and shopping for my wife and activitys for family in general. We would be looking to rent at first and was leaning more toward the gated communities. Not really city people and prefer a house over a condo. I may be accepting a job in Malaysia soon, the position will be in the offshore oilfield and I am Looking for information on areas (preferably outside the city) to move a family of 7. Our price range for a home should be around $1500. A month US. I was looking at Penang and it seems to have some nice rental properties available but I am not sure if the location has a school for the kids or how close the markets and shopping are to this are. Our kids range in age from 6 to 16, until my wife gets use to the area and we are able to get a vehicle she will be either walking or using public transportation so our selection would be limited to these requirements. Any links or information would be greatly appreciated.

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners