Join now

Driving in the Ukraine (Kyiv)


I am English and have an English-registered, right-hand drive car.

My wife is Ukrainian and we intend to go to Kharkov soon and live in her mother's apartment, I work in IT, but will also complete a TEFAL English Lan course soon and intend to use that to teach. We intend to stay/live there for the foreseeable.

Is there an easy answer to the question::

Q. Is it better/more cost effective etc. to either:

Protected content my car through Europe and into the Ukraine and get it registered locally etc.


Protected content my car in England before moving, (I expect it's worth around £6k), then fly over. Once settled buy a local car ?

Many thanks..

Kyiv Forum

Our Global Partners