Join now

Moving to Libreville

Hey all,

I have just accepted a new job in Gabon for three years and was just after a bit of basic info on Libreville, in order to hit the ground running when I arrive in March.

I am moving over on my own, and so will most likely be pretty keen to get into the social scene as soon as possible, once I have found a place to stay. I am fluent in French and therefore am guessing that language shouldnt be an issue. Here are my main queries:

- I presume the large majority of the expat population is French, but what about other nationalities? ie US, Brits, Aussies, etc etc?
- What are the main residential areas for expats, on a budget of around 2,5M xaf per month? I'll be working towards Owendo, and am not looking for a huge place, but it'd be good to get an idea of what this can get me. Are there any property websites on the net? I have not had much success finding any.
- In fact, are there any popular websites for expats or locals for Libreville? Again my own searching hasn't really come up with much.
- I'm a bit of a golf fanatic and have read conflicting messages about whether or not there is a functional golf course near Libreville. Any clarification available on this?

Thanks in advance! Any info is good info at this point.

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Libreville Forum