Hello, I am moving to Lima, Peru for two years in December due to work. Before I relocated to Lima, since I don’t have any contact in Peru, I sincerely ask your help.
1. I am planning to buy used car or take my car to Lima. How bad is road condition in Peru? Do people only drive SUV? or is it okay to drive sedan? Would you recommend bring car from home or purchasing it from Peru?
2. My work place is near Los Incas golf club. Which area would you recommend to live? I will be moving with my wife and mother; we would like to have safe neighborhood with decent market. We are thinking of furnished apartment around $1,650, with at least two or three rooms. I heard good thing about Miraflores. How hard is to commute from Miraflores to Los Incas Golf course?
3. How much should I set aside for living cost?
4. What is the average cost for gym membership? If you have recommendation for gym, please let me know.
5. Is it common to find Spanish classes? I barely speak Spanish....
Any other insight of living in Peru will be great.. Thank you