Join now

Obtaining a Resident/ Work visa in Peru (Lima)

My boyfriend and I are planning to move to Peru, but I am still slightly confused about the legal requirements. I know that we need to obtain a resident or work visa and a CE but i'm mostly confused about the work visa. Is this something where we need to be hired by a company before we enter the country? Or can we enter the country on a tourist visa and apply for a job in Lima, and then use that document of employment to change our visa status to a work visa? I just want to make sure we do everything legally because I do not want to risk the chance of having to come back to the states. Any information on what kind of visas we need would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Lima Forum