Join now

Concert of Indian Classical Music and Traditional (Limassol)

Concert of Indian Classical Music and Traditional Melodies

Wisdom
27 February Protected content
8:30 pm
at Palio Xidadiko
34 Genethliou Mitella Street Limassol

Creativity
28 February
9:00 pm
at Windcraft Music Center
27 Xanthis Xenierou Nicosia

Concert of Evening Ragas and Melodic Improvisation

Ascent
1 March
9:00 pm
at Kalakathoumena
21 Nikokleus Street Nicosia

Love
2 March
8:30 pm
at Palio Xidadiko
34 Genethliou Mitella Street Limassol

With
Julia Ohrmann – bansuri,
Stavroula Constanti – ney
Ravi Saundankar – tabla

Entrance: Euro 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Protected content

Practical session to learn Indian Classical Music with:
Julia Ohrmann – Bansuri
Ravi Saundankar – Tabla
·
Protected content to sur, laya and raga
Protected content on raga development and improvisation practice
Protected content Practical session is for everyone who loves music and wants to explore knowledge and skill in Indian raga improvisation.
Protected content is helpful for those who want to use raga improvisation style in Jazz and Classical Music and much more...
Protected content are welcome to bring your music instruments with you.

Session on 26th February 18:00 to 21:00 hrs at Palio Xidadiko Limassol
Fees Euro Protected content % discount on the 27 February concert ticket for the participants who will reserve their entry till 23 February)
Contact Protected content

For Concert reservations and Tickets
Call: Protected content , Protected content

Julia Ohrmann – bansuri
Stavroula Constanti – ney
Ravi Saundankar – tabla
Protected content

Some words about the musicians:
Julia Ohrmann is a flautist specialized in playing bansuri, a bamboo flute, used to improvise upon the beautiful themes of North Indian Classical music.

Classically trained from childhood in Germany, Julia went on to study musicology in Paris where she became influenced by, both its international and local music scenes of the city.
Discovering the magic of the sound of the bansuri, she became interested in the spiritual path of learning Indian music in India under the guidance of Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia. During all this time she has been performing in numerous musical projects, blending theatre, film, dance, world and Western classical and styles, in collaboration all over Europe and in India.

Julia has appeared on T.V. and radio stations, such as “Vrije geluiden”, “Ohm.chutney.nl”, ‘Radio France”…, and in an interview for the spiritual magazine “terre du ciel”.

In Protected content has performed in Calcutta and Italy alongside her teacher. At Blue Frog in Mumbai she performed with guitarist Max Clouth for the event “Max Clouth and friends…” and gave solo concerts in Germany.
Besides holding a bachelor’s and master’s degree from the world music academy WMDC Rotterdam, she is state qualified to give music lessons to groups, children and adults, alike.

Upcoming projects include: film music of Afghan-French filmmaker Barmak Akram (Paris), bansuri recital for lecture Rumi (Paris), concerts Cyprus, Ireland, Holland, India electro soul project (Mannheim), bansuri classes Germany and Holland, solo concerts Netherlands, duet with Indian vocalist Samhita Mundkur
Currently, Julia is working on her cd, which blends a variety of styles and influences with her own unique voice as a classical bansuri player.

“Unexpectedly I bumped into a guitar player friend of mine one cold winter day on a small Parisian side street. He was dressed in a thick funny-looking coat, looking like a caveman. Around his neck hung a bansuri box which was looking like some sort of ancient relic. I asked him what it was and that’s the moment when I first heard the sound of the bansuri, as he played a few notes on the instrument. Following his directions I went to the music instrument fair at Paris parc de la Villette, where I met the bamboo flute maker Seligman and bought my first bansuri.
At that time I was searching for an artistic way to express moods via acoustic music, refined structure and ornamentation. The technical possibilities of the bansuri to create that certain sound in Indian music, was for me, the optimal medium. Today I continue to use its richness to contribute in diverse musical projects/situations.”

Stavroula Constanti was born in Cyprus. After studying English literature and anthropology, she moved to Greece, where she studied ney at the Athens Conservatory (class of Harris Lambrakis). Meanwhile, she took master classes with Ömer Erdoğdular, in Crete, Labyrinth Musical Workshop. She then enrolled at the Conservatory of Rotterdam, where she studied with the reknown ney player, Kudsi Erguner. In Protected content , she was awarded her masters of music degree. She has played in concert with Ross Daly, Keyvan Chemirami, Pericles Papapetropoulos, Omer Erdogdular, Kyriakos Kalaidzides, Efren Lopez, Michalis Kouloumis among others.

Ravi Saundankar is a musician from Maharashtra, India who has now settled in Cyprus. Born to musical parents, he received early guidance and began studying music at the young age of 7. Later he studied music at Ustad Alla Rakha Institute of Music, in Mumbai. He received his diploma for Vocal and Tabla at ‘Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya’ University of Music. Tabla is an incredibly diverse instrument that can be used in a wide range of musical settings. Ravi has performed with many great musicians in live stage performances, radio and TV shows in India as well as European countries around the world. These performances include the prestigious events at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm and University of Cyprus. His expertise includes performing a variety of music including Indian classical, ethnic Jazz, world music and fusion. Ravi’s music continues to be appreciated by many senior musicians in numerous honorable events. His accompaniment in music is known to be very spontaneous, while incorporating the rules governing Tal (rhythm), Laya (tempo) and Matras (meter). Using his style in improvisation he also plays other percussion instruments such as Dholak, Naal and Khanjira. Ravi has worked as assistant music director and arranger for several music albums published in India and Scandinavia.

Limassol Forum

Our Global Partners