Join now

community groups, TED Circles, Happy to Chat bench (Lisbon)

Greetings - i moved to Lisbon recently and am exploring the many possible activities to get involved in, or start.

I run/fan a few projects in other places I have lived as a volunteer - out of hours, if anyone reading this wants to get involved, either as a speaker, or part of the team, or finding speakers, please get in touch.
Some of the ideas have the

TED Circles. I did one in Selina Co Living, looking to do more. Check out TEDcircles.com to get the idea, it's like a book club but discussing a TED talk rather than a book.

Open Coffee Lisbon, free morning networking meetings 8:00 am on Thursday in Impact Hub Next meeting Thursday 27th January Protected content
Details here
Protected content
Protected content

Lisbon Newcomers Welcome Group
done three events so far, one in Selina two in
Protected content
Our next gathering is on 24th January in unObvious Coworking.

I used to be a licensed TEDx organiser and organised about 30 TEDxKazimierz events between Protected content . If anyone here is interested in knowing more about this global phenomenon, please get in touch.

There are some other community building and other projects that I haven't yet started in Lisbon, that I am considering if I can find the right partner or helpers.
These include
Happy to chat Benches (Benches that have a sign indicating that people who sit on them are happy to chat to strangers as in Protected content
Protected content
and
Chatty Cafes
where there is a table in the cafe designated as being the table for people who want to talk to strangers.
Protected content
Protected content

if anyone reading this wants to help with any or all of these projects, drop me a note here , or connect with me in any of the ways listed here Protected content

all the best

Richard

Lisbon Forum

Our Global Partners