Join now

Work Authorization (London)


I was just given an offer by a major U.S. multinational in the U.K. I'd love to take the position and was curious what I need to do in order to secure work authorization for the U.K. I'd appreciate any advice. Here's my situation:

ME: American, living currently in Austria where I have a work permit\resident permit.
My wife: Austrian, not currently working.

My understanding is that EEA\Swiss citizens can work and reside in the U.K. as can their spouses. But also - I am curious -does my wife HAVE to have already be living and working in the U.K?

London Forum