Join now

moving as non-eu partner of eea national (Malta)

I am just trying to do my research and get a grip and understanding of immigration in Malta before my Norwegian partner and i move from the uK. He recently accepted a job and we are both ready to move. i am an american and i had the right to work through an EEA family permit while i lived in the UK with him and I wondered how it worked in Malta.

i see that the employer has to apply for the working license. Would this be true also if my partner were to exercise his treaty rights? Does anyone else have a similar experience or can offer advice? I don't want to go unemployed for too long but I do realise these things can be tricky and take time! Many thanks!

Malta Forum

Our Global Partners