Join now

Looking for a nice POLISH FAMILY with children (Manchester)

Hello,

my name is Eva Svatonova and I am Czech student doing my internship in Manchester. I am a part of volunteering project Multilingual Manchester - we are making a movie about families who raise up their children in their mother tongue while living in England. The purpose of the movie is to use it as a part of speech therapy to convince parents, who have English as a second language, to speak with their children in their original language, because you would be surprise, but there are still many people who believe that bilingualism is not good for their children and rather speak at home with their broken English and do not realize that it can cause problems, because children tend to pick up their mistakes and then they have problems in school.

So, to sum it up. We need a nice family who would like to help us with the movie. We would film an interview with the parents (the questions would be like: Why is it important for you that your child can speak your mother tongue? Do you think bilingualism is good? When do you speak Polish and when do you speak English?, etc) and then we would like to film some natural moments like reading a book in Polish with your child, watching cartoons, etc.)

If you are interested in supporting our project and our ideas, please contact me as soon as possible (because we need to finish the project this month) via e-mail: Protected content or on the phone: Protected content

Best wishes,
Eva Svatonova

Manchester Forum

Our Global Partners