We are looking for a group of 9 people (Nairobi)
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER PROGRAMME
1) A visit of Lamu old town heritage site (9:00AM – 12:30PM)
2) Learn how to sail using the Lamu tradition dhow for 3 days (3hrs a day 10:00AM – 1:00PM) 3 people in each dhow
3) Learn how to navigate the sea using the stars for 2 days (7:00PM – 8:00PM) 3 people in each dhow
4) Fishing and barbecue dhow trip with lunch included (9:00AM – 2:30PM)
5) Learn how to cook Swahili food with lunch included for 3 days (10:00AM – 1:00PM)
6) Volunteer for 5 days (Monday to Friday) at a community based project (8:00AM – 5:00PM daily)
7) One Night out to Lamu’s HOT spots (7:00PM – 2:00AM).
8) One night shamba party – (7:00PM – 10:00AM venue – Dudu Villas – Food, drinks, accommodation, catering and entertainment is included)
Day 1: Arriving in Lamu and check in at your preferred hotel or guest houses. You will be met by one of our Guides either at Manda airstrip or at mokowe jetty if you are using the road. After check-in you can relax or do your own stuff
Day 2: A visit of the heritage site with a good Guide. This is to promote the history and the Guides who earn their living through tour Guiding. You are Free after the tour.
Day 3 – Day 8: Volunteer at a community based project. We arrange everything before you arrive in Lamu. Lamu night out on the evening of 8th day to meet people from all walks of life. This way we can share experience and opinions. (Guide and boat transfer is included in the price. Guests to pay for your own food and drinks).
Day 9 – Day 11: Learning how to sail using the Lamu tradition dhow (which is the NATIVE). Since the arrival of the Mozambique dhow, the Lamu tradition dhow has lost its use. Most tourists prefer the Mozambique dhow because of space and comfort. There is a risk the traditional dhow might become obsolete in the near future if no measures are put into place. As a safety precaution there will be life jackets in the dhow and also a speed boat on standby for rescue. (There will be a 3 dhow competition as a TEST to what you’ve learn on Day 11)
Day 12 – Day 13: Learning how to navigate using the stars at night. Not every Captain can navigate using the stars today (your choice of Mozambique dhow or Lamu traditional dhow)
Day 14: fishing and barbecue dhow trip with lunch included. We want to teach you how to fish so that you can fish for the rest of your life. (Mozambique dhow to be used)
Day 15 – Day 17: Learning how to cook Swahili food. Tasting Lamu food is like tasting the history of Lamu.
Day 18: One night Shamba party – a night of friends together. You are welcome to bring (one) of your favorite persons who you met during your stay for Free
Day 19: Free
Day 20: Departure from Lamu
All included without Accommodation KES Protected content person per day. Total Bill per person the whole trip is KES Protected content . Rates apply to both Residents and Non Residents
Contact: Protected content or call Protected content Reservation