Any applicant being employed by an NGO must now be cleared by the NGO Board to work in Kenya BEFORE they proceed to apply at Immigration. The NGO Board will provide the applicant with a clearance letter which the applicant will then include as part of the documents required for by Immigration. The same goes for Work Permit Renewals.
Note that the NGO Board meets ONCE a month to clear applicants. It is, therefore, important that applicants submit their applications way in advance of the start date of employment.
If applying for a Special Pass instead of Work Permit, the NGO Board can produce the clearance letter for the Special Pass between Protected content days.
Below is the process for clearance at the NGO Board;
1. A covering letter from your employer requesting for a recommendation letter for the Work Permit
2. Endorsement Form (can be found on the NGO Board Website)
3. Duly filled Application Forms 22 and Protected content be found on the Immigration website)
4. Letter of Appointment and Contract
5. Copies of Academic/ Professional Certificates
6. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
7. Copy of Applicant’s passport
8. 2 Passport size photos
9. Copy of the Advertisement of the required position (if applicable). If there was no advertisement, kindly give reason in the attached endorsement form
10. The above documents must be provided for in duplicate
11. Processing Fee will cost as follows;
a. Application for Work Permit – KES 20,000
b. Renewal of Work Permit – KES 20,000
c. Special Pass – KES 16,000
d. Appeal – KES 16,000
12. Payments by cheque or cash should be made to;
NGO CO-ORDINATION BOARD
ACCOUNT NO: Protected content
CO-OP HOUSE BRANCH
Request for more information at Protected content