Join now

Confusion regarding Citizenship and benefits (Newcastle)

Hello and thank you for adding me to your group.. I am currently not in the UK but I am working on getting things together in order to do that. It's been a learning process and a lot of confusion. I couldn't find a group that was close to where I'm going to live which will be in Hampshire near Portsmouth. However I don't mind communicating with folks in Newcastle, now and in the future. My question is regarding moving in with my partner who is on Full benefits due to a hearing disability. I understand it is very difficult when another person enters a situation that is not on benefits and I new citizen. Basically I won't have any income except for my own disability due to not being able to do my current occupation any longer. I will be receiving funds from the US, and whatever little savings I have. Since my partner is on Full disability benefits he is excluded from the yearly income amount that is required of sponsors in the UK. I will be applying for my citizenship through my mother using a ukm form. That enables children of British citizens that were born abroad before Protected content know apply for UK citizenship. I believe it will be at least two years before I would be eligible for any Healthcare in the UK, but my biggest concern is how will it affect him and his benefits. We had no plans to get married right away but of course if that's a better Avenue we would do it as we have been having a long-distance relationship for 4 years. He is a British citizen born and Has lived there all of his life. And I of course I'm a US citizen. Any advice would be much appreciated and thank you in advance.

Newcastle Forum

Our Global Partners