Join now

Thoughts on moving with a family to Panama? (Panama City)

Hi everyone,

We are considering a move with my husband's company to Panama in 4 months time. I'd love any input you could offer us - after doing research, I still feel that I need more real-life input on what life is really like.

- schools: we have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. If we'd like the 4 year old to continue his Mandarin and start learning Spanish, would you recommend any specific international schools? How about the best daycares for my 2 year old?
- I currently work part-time for a Big 4 firm in the U.S. Does anyone have experience trying to either stay with your US company and working from Panama or getting a job in Panama - can a "trailing spouse" find work / are they allowed to work based on immigration requirements?
- Is it common for expats to have domestic help? I'd read this somewhere, but wasn't sure if it was common and if you'd recommend it.
- what are the preferred expat neighbourhoods? We are a very active family.
- how safe is Panama on a day-to-day basis with children? We are currently living in the U.S. - interested as to how it compares. various reports paint very different pictures.

Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Panama City Forum