Join now

Ř is easy-peasy! (Prague)

Do you have problems with the Czech pronunciation or have you ever had problems with pronouncing some Czech sounds? I’m a PhD student of Phonetics at the Faculty of Arts (Charles University, Prague) and do specialize in non-native accent in Czech. I do also teach Pronunciation Exercises for Foreigners at the Faculty.

My PhD project is about pronunciation differences in non-native speakers of Czech and about how these are being evaluated by Czech native speakers. So, the results should also shed some light on which pronunciation „mistakes“ are perceived as the most disturbing ones and which in contrary are perceived as nonproblematic and okay. I’m currently in the phase of recording non-native sounding speech.

I was wondering if I might find some help here from you. It would only consist of recording a short text and describing in video at our studio at náměstí Jana Palacha (Staroměstská station).

In return I can offer you help with your pronunciation and of course give you your recording. Sometimes I do also bring something I’ve baked to the recording sessions :) I'm also able to compare the Czech pronunciation with the pronunciation of your native language!

I would be very happy and grateful for your help!
Eliška

Prague Forum

Our Global Partners