Join now

Train Quito - Guayaquil

Hello all,
I am usually not a member of your forum in Quito, but I have a urgent question. So even if I met some of you already on other places in internations in order to get a quick answer I decided to write a question into the forum.
Here it goes: my then just barely 16-year-old son will travel to Ecuador this coming summer with a government sponsored school exchange program. He and three other students and a teacher will be staying somewhere in the province of Manabi with host families for a few weeks. Today now the teacher proposed taking the Protected content on a trip to Quito during that time. She wants to fly from Guayaquil to Quito, do Protected content of touristy things there and then tale a train from Quito back to Guayaquil. My question: is it safe to take that train?
The teacher speaks Spanish fluently, the 4 American teenagers don't. Most of all, except for my son, they all are blond and blue-eyed. The teacher will be recognized as a typical American from 2 km distance. Will they be safe on this train trip?
Sorry, this is so urgent, but we must make a decision until tomorrow morning, so any quick input will be highly appreciated. Thanks! Ulrike

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Quito Forum