Join now

Salary expectations for couple moving to Salzburg

Hello!

I need some help from people living in Salzburg to know how much I should (realistically!) ask in my forthcoming interview.

I'm a professional with just under 5 years experience being considered for a job in your beautiful city. Currently I live in London with my boyfriend - both of us would move to Salzburg. I tried to make a rough list of things I would like to have access to. Understandably I might not be able to cover everything in the beginning, but this is the ultimate goal. After all, moving from London is a big step and I want to make sure I'm covering all my basis. Ideally, I would need my wages to cover the following:

- Rent. I think a 1 bed should be fine (although would like to consider 2 beds as well). Would like (need) for it to be in the city centre.
- Skiing a few times a year at least
- German lessons
- Tickets to London 2 or 3 times a year (his family lives here)
- Tickets to Brazil once a year (my family lives there)
- Car (and all the costs it involves)
- Bills, supermarket, clothes, etc
- Some basic savings
- Having dinner out twice a month
- A few extras, like some extra travelling, holidays (which I believe could come from 13/14 salaries?)

My salary would have to cover both mine and my boyfriend's needs in the beginning as he speaks no German. I am not looking for luxuries, but I also want to be able to live comfortably - after all it would be one of the reasons for leaving London. I understand my contract could cover part of those expenses, but I would like to have an idea of how much all these would actually cost to better understand if the job is in fact a real possibility. My boyfriend would find a job eventually, however I don't want to count on it just yet as we never know how long the search could take.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to hearing back from you, and thanks a lot in advance!!!

Best,
Mana xx

Salzburg Forum

Our Global Partners