Canada Ball Hockey Korea - 2017 Spring Season (Seoul)
BALL HOCKEY MANIACS, LEND ME YOUR EARS...
Canada Ball Hockey Korea (CBHK) is once again recruiting a few good men and women for our 18th season of play, which will begin this February. Old and new players alike are welcome to start registering at Protected content now. The league is limited to the first Protected content to have registered and paid. If you register and complete your payment after the league fills up you will be put on a waiting list. Don't let this happen to you!
WHEN: The Protected content League calendar is as follows.
February 19th (Sunday): The first MANDATORY (free) rookie camp.
February 25th (Saturday): The second MANDATORY (free) rookie camp.
Note: All rookies must attend one of these camps Failure to do so will prevent you from playing this season.
February 26th through to May 14th (Every Sunday): Regular Season Games begin.
Note: Game times are divided into 5 slots and each team will play in each time slot at least twice during the season Protected content , 12: Protected content , 14: Protected content , 16: Protected content or 18: Protected content .
Exceptions: Make-up games due to some unforeseen circumstances (usually weather) can be made up on Saturdays.
May 20th (Saturday): The preliminary round of the playoffs begins with the bottom four teams in the regular standings scheduled to play.
May 21st (Sunday): The two remaining teams from the bottom four join the top six for the first round of the playoffs.
May 27th (Saturday): The four remaining teams from the first round will play in the semi-finals.
May 28th (Sunday): The two remaining teams from the semi-finals will play for the championship.
June 3rd (Saturday Evening): Banquet.
LOCATION OF THE RINK: Sports Complex, Seoul. (Central and very convenient to get too.).
DIRECTIONS TO THE RINK: A map with full directions to the rink are provided on the main page of our website.
LOCATION OF HOCKEY/OTHER SUPPLIES SHOPS: They can be found on our website under the Forum section.
CLOTHING NEEDED: Team Shirt (provided) and then whatever other exercise gear you feel comfortable in and running shoes. Nothing more. We RUN.
GEAR NEEDED: You will need at least a hockey stick. Other gear is up to you. There are league sticks that you can use if you are coming out for the first time.
TEAMS, SPONSORS AND CAPTAINS: Names of teams, sponsors and captains vary from season to season. Please refer to our website.
REGISTRATION FACTS: (What You Get)
1. Eligibility for the Spring, Protected content Draft which will take place on February 25th, Protected content one of our sponsors bars. Each player will be drafted on to one of 10 teams and be provided beer at the draft party.
2. Team Shirt and Mouth Guard.
3. Four months (up to 15 weeks of ball hockey INSANITY from February to June).
4. Weekly stats of all players (Goals, Assists, Points) and goalies (GAA, Wins, SO) displayed on our website.
5. Use of a communal stick when you first come out, full goalie equipment (if you are a goalie) and world class rink facilities (boards/ official size nets/faceoff circles located on the site of the Protected content Games).
6. Discounted prices from our league sponsors. Please refer to the website for updates on this year's sponsors.
7. Bragging rights, if you outperform your mates.
8. A forum to build solid relationships, friendships and networking via league members and our website.
9. Being part of one of the largest expat groups in all of Korea.
10. Being part of the largest Ball Hockey Organization in all of Asia and a member of the International Street & Ball Hockey Federation (ISBHF).
11. The chance to win the CBHK CUP!!!
12. A night out with your fellow rookies, a pub crawl and team events will take place at a future date.
13. The League Banquet (Award Ceremony, Buffet, Beer and Hard Liquor) will be held on Saturday, June 10th, following the Championship Games.
14. 150,000W Protected content won if you are paying after February 6th ) worth of dead weight removed from your wallet and invested into something that will DRASTICALLY improve your quality of life in Korea, socially, emotionally and physically.
Register at the league's website - Protected content ASAP to reserve your spot for this season. All league payments must be received by February 25th, (NO EXCEPTIONS). Payments can be made to:
Name: Cory Robert Pettit
Shinhan Bank (신한은행 ) Account #: Protected content
PETTIT CORY ROBERT
After transferring the money, please let him know so he can confirm receiving your payment. He can be reached at Protected content via kakao: . Please provide your full name, payment details and position that you would like to play.
League numbers are limited to the first Protected content to register and pay. For further information please refer to our website or email us at Protected content .
Once that's done your world just got a whole lot better.
Don't miss out on this opportunity and be ready to play some ball hockey this spring. We guarantee that it will be one of the best things you will ever do during your stay in Korea.