Join now

Learning Spanish in Seville

Hey guys, I'm planning on moving to Seville from the States in the fall, but I had a few concerns about some language issues. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they really speak significantly faster than they do in other parts of Spain (such as Madrid) and with an accent that's significantly more difficult to understand? Basically, my Spanish background consists of what I learned in junior high/high school and an online program I've been doing recently, so I realize that getting a grasp on the language will be difficult anywhere, but I don't want to make it too much harder on myself than it needs to be.

I was also wondering if it's true that the Spanish spoken in Andalusia sounds a lot more like South American Spanish.

Lastly, how difficult would you say it is to find people who speak English in Seville and Spain in general? I've heard it's not very widely spoken. I want to be pushed to speak Spanish as much as I can on one hand, but on the other I know it will be quite a while before I've reached the conversational level, which would make making friends quite the challenge.

Thanks!

Seville Forum

Our Global Partners