Join now

"Customized" Mandarin tutor/cultural ice-breaker (Shanghai)

Hey,

I'm not surprised to see lots of "Mandarin tutoring" ads here and there. The value added from me might be customization.

What about "customized tutoring"?

Here with me, it's not only about language, but rather, cultural elaborating/explaining or personal consulting. No matter it is job interview, business conference/dinner, tourism, cultural shock, living tips, or any other thing that could interest you, I will make up a plan to help. 1 hour/class Protected content break to renew your attention span). You could arrange a long-term training in weeks/months, depands on you.

How to start?

I'd like to set up a meeting (in person/through video chat-skype or other tools) to understand your needs. It's also a chance for you to check whether I'm qualified (or attractive) enough to be your tutor. This meeting will be a trial and if you feel right and I could deal with your problem, then we can proceed with "official training". I'll draft a training plan before our first class.

Why am I doing this?

First, for fun. I love solving problems, especially in multilingual settings. Second, I do charge. My rate is RMB Protected content .

Sth. abt me...

I'm native Chinese with dual B.A degrees in English and Int'l Economics & Trade and M.A. degree in Finance. I spent years in the US, studying and working on Wall Street. I'm still working in finance industry currently, but life style is less stressful compared with the old days. This "tutoring" thing is what I just came up with, mainly driven by my curiosity. For one thing, I would like to know what would be the problems/issues that a foreginer may encounter in China and help him/her to fix them. For another, as an open-minded person, I'm strongly interested in talking with ppl to explore new ideas and thoughts. Hope we can inspire each other in some way.

Shot me a line if I got your attention.

Cheers!

Livia

Shanghai Forum

Our Global Partners